This Service is available by appointment only.
Marriage & Civil Union (http://plugindevelopment.ndev.space/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Civil-Union.pdf) Licenses are available at the Plainfield Township Administration Building.
BY APPOINTMENT ONLY
Monday – Friday between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.
For more information or to make an appointment, contact the Township at 815.436.8308.
Marriage and Civil union licenses are only valid in the County of Will. The license is printed at time of application and is valid the following day and valid for 60 days. Both parties must be present and the process takes approximately 20 to 30 minutes. Both parties must be 18 years or older. Persons under 18 years old must have the written consent of both parents.
Required documentation for both parties:
- Certified copy of birth certificate or a valid passport*
- Picture I.D. – one of the following is acceptable:
- Driver’s License
- State I.D.
- Military I.D.
- Draft Card
- Previous Marriage: Persons who have been married before must show proof of dissolution of marriage by providing a certified copy of the divorce decree or death certificate, whichever is applicable
- If address is different on your driver’s license, bring proof of residency such as a paid utility bill
- We only accept cash at the township office
Marriage/Civil Union License Fees: CASH ONLY!
- $28.00 for the license
- $9.00 for the first certified copy
- $4.00 for each additional certified copy
We only accept CASH at the township office.
The township office is a satellite location for the Will County Clerk. If the satellite hours are not convenient for you, please contact the County Clerk’s Office at 815.740.4615 for additional hours or locations. For more information, visit the Will County Clerk’s website.
If you wish to convert a civil union to marriage please click the press release for your options: (http://plugindevelopment.ndev.space/wp-content/uploads/2018/12/Press-Release-for-Same-Sex-Marriages.pdf)